Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Challenge

At the start of the new year, I decided to take a challenge of building some relatively complex open-source project - a forum engine. My primary goal is to expand my knowledge, but I really hope that the said engine will be useful to somebody.
I don't anticipate any big interest, as there's nothing really sexy about this project - no node.js, Ruby or whatever is considered sexy now. There is also no high demand for forum engines, as far as I see. However I want this project to embody things that matter to me, like a good coding standard (I like the one of .NET Core), simple self-documented code and really simple architecture. As of now, project is in 'early alpha', I'm still developing the core and shaping the architecture of the project. But, if you happen to have some nice idea, or maybe you've spotted a bug in the code - you're really welcome to contribute by creating issue or pull request.

No comments:

Post a Comment